Gay Timor is most probably Timor-Leste's first-ever attempt at representing the country's gay community on the Internet. The self-proclaimed "blog for Timorese gay guys" only has four posts up so far. One of those posts is a list of "Gay Place in Dili for Cruising". The top 10 spots are:
1. Beach front, Palacio do Governo (Government Palace)
2. In front of National University (UNTL)
3. Park in front of Hotel Dili and World Bank Office
4. Beach front, Hotel Turismo
5. Dili Trade Centre during opening hours
6. Amigos Club on Fridays and Saturdays
7. Exotica, on Friday
8. Atlantico on Saturdays
9. Casa Minha on Fridays
10. Motion on Thursdays
I'm curious to see how, if at all, the blog develops. I'm told that there used to be an exclusive gay club in Dili.
Regardless of how Gay Timor goes, I think this is certainly an interesting subject-matter and one that I've seen very few reports and papers about.